Frequently Asked Questions
Q: My song requests for my ceremony are a bit weird. Can you do it?
A: Most likely! Just to give you an idea of some surprising songs I know how to play: 'Bohemian Rhapsody' by Queen, 'Billie Jean' by Michael Jackson, 'November Rain' by Guns n' Roses, 'As Long as you Love Me' by The Backstreet Boys. It's a bit all over the map so don't be shy!
Q: How do you determine your pricing?
A: I know live music can seem expensive. Here's what you're actually paying for, broken down:
- Live music
- My solid background in music, which includes a University masters degree, national award in classical guitar, playing for audiences most weekends for nearly ten years now
- My financial investment in my skills: years of lessons, two university degrees and many workshops
- Arriving at least an hour early to set up, travel time, taking down and packing all equipment up, heading home. to give you an idea, a one hour ceremony can sometimes be a three to four hour engagement on my part.
- Hours of rehearsal time and correspondence with you
- Equipment and instruments
- Transportation costs to the venue
- Promotion and website costs
- Income tax I will need to pay on top of my fee
- Telephone and internet bills associated with setting up the wedding details
- Live music is my livelihood and pays for my food, a roof over my head, and all of life's basic necessities
Q: What do you need from us when Inquiring?
A: When inquiring about a wedding, I'll need the following information from you:
- Date of the wedding
- Name and location of venue
- Time of ceremony and/or cocktail hour
Q: What do you need from us on the day of the wedding?
A: On the day of the wedding, I only need a couple of things sorted out:
- An armless chair for the ceremony
- Preferably a bar stool for the cocktail hour (it looks better that way, but an armless chair can also work)
- A small space within 20 - 30 feet of an outlet figured out and set aside for me
- Name of the main contact who will be at the venue early while I set up
- Someone to hand me the payment (this could be anyone from your parents to the wedding planner)
Q: Do you use your own equipment?
A: Yes. However, depending on the logistics of the day/venue, I may use the DJ's equipment. So I will most likely ask you for their contact information.
Q: Do you play for mass, Christian/Catholic or otherwise?
A: I can play religious music if you want it for your requests, but I do not play for full mass/church service.